Thursday, August 19, 2010

Self Critical





Sometimes, like most people, I am forced to look at myself with a critical eye.

I am not always happy with what I see. I guess like most people, I like to think of myself in a positive way, see the good in myself and not the bad, concentrate on the light and push the dark to the back of my mind.

But like most people, I am not perfect. Sometimes I fuck up. Sometimes I do and say things that, with hindsight, I might have done or said differently.

This applies most commonly when dealing with other people, people that do not think the way I do, who do not necessarily ascribe to my point of view.

It can be hard to see past our own viewpoint, to put ourselves in the other persons shoes and feel their pain or joy or their fears.

I don't know if it's something that can be changed, if there would even be any point in trying. Maybe being aware of it is enough.

I guess that is what the word "sorry" was created for.

No comments:

Post a Comment