Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Okay..so I'm cheating doing this...

But I really can't face uploading all the 365 pics I've posted since my last Blog entry.

They are out there on Flickr and Facebook if anyone really wants to see them and read the little monologues I try to add to each with one. Besides....seeing as how I only have 4 followers on this so far, I don't think anyone's going to notice. Apologies to Yvonne, Sharon, Lilly and Fionnuala though if you were waiting patiently for them..;-)

January 2010



So that's my first Month of 365 Photos...and I've had a great time putting them together. It really has made me take my camera with me everywhere. I've mentioned before that I am lazy and ill disciplined when it comes to my hobbies (with most things as a matter of fact) and then I get mad fits of energy where I want to do stuff.

That's all very well, but it doesn't really help with projects like this, that need to be consistent and require daily attention. So it's been great for that.

Also I'm enjoying the feedback I'm getting from people, and a lot of people seem to genuinely enjoy the pics and look forward to them each day. It all helps motivate me to keep at it.

When I look at the January set now, it seems like sooo long ago that I stood in that snowy park in Hartstown. The gap between that and the final shot at the Dublin Musical Societies Concert for Haiti event in the Burlington just seems immense.

But it was only a month.

This is a good thing I'm thinking. It's a bit akin to the character in the novel Catch 22 who reckons that if he does absolutely nothing everyday and spends his time in a constant state of boredom...that life will be longer...or at least seem that way!

Except in this case, I'm enjoying it..and it's making time slow down.

Woo Hoo!! Eternal life is in a camera lens ;-)

Day 32 - Vanity
Day 32 - Vanity

So that's my first pic of February. My mini project this week is to photograph common everyday objects in as interesting a way as possible. I love the bottle for my favourite Cologne "Le Male" and thought it would make a nice subject for my first shot of the new Month.

I hope you agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment