Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 13 - I Wont Send Roses

Project 365 - Day 13: I Wont Send Roses

This evening we started rehearsals for Coolmine Musical Society's main production for the year, Jerry Herman's "Mack and Mabel"...the story of the releationship between famed Hollywwod silent movie producer Mack Sennet and the young girl he helped become a star Mabel Nomand.

This was our very first rehearsal and none of the principle roles have yet been filled.

It looks like it should be a fun show.

Audions are next Sunday, which doesn't give much time to prepare, but I think I'll probably audion for a principle role anyway. After playing The Beadle in last years production of Sweeney Todd, it's given me the confidence to try it again. This is a very different kind of show though, with lots of movement and choreography, not my strongest point.

Anyway, watch this space and see what develops.








As you can see, it wasn't all seriousness tonight. I had a little time to myself and played around with this glitter ball left over from the Christmas decorations in the Hall.












Our Musical Director, Dermot, running through some pieces from Mack and Mabel.

No comments:

Post a Comment