Thursday, January 14, 2010

I wish I was 18 again!!

It's not something I'd normally say. I wasn't that happy when I was a teenager, in fact I was a right miserable git. But back in the early 80's Dublin was a very different place to the Dublin of today.

One area I've seen a huge change in is education.

This morning my wife sent me a link to a student website for the course that our Son, David, is considering applying for. It's a course in Creative Digital Media at the Institute of Technology in Blanchardstown. Here is a link to the site so you can see for yourself Link.

When you look through that site and see how the creative side of these young minds are encouraged and fostered it really does give you a sense of hope for the future.

Also it makes me yearn for those days again and to have the chance to do stuff like this.

I'm afraid my schooling was very much old school..the three R's as they said back then. Reading, w(R)iting and A(R)ithmetic.

So even though I don't envy my son the future of high mortgages, rising unemployment and an ever more competitive capitalistic world..I do envy the sheer width of learning choices they have nowadays.

Maybe I'll wait a few years and become a mature student myself.

Well..they say it's never too late to teach an old dog new tricks :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment